Mark King, CEO and President of TaylorMade-adidas, spoke at the recent Winning Is Everything conference. King originally rejected the idea of a white driver, calling it the “stupidest idea ever.” Eventually giving in to the idea, this shift in golf club consumer behavior was instrumental in increasing their company market share from 35% to 48%.
This all began by asking employees to think creatively over a weekend–and then submit their ideas on paper to King on how to improve the company. Simple and effective.
Here are six key takeaways from Mark King’s presentation. Put ‘em to use.
1) Struggle within the organization is what produces results
2) To grow as a company, have each person interested in his/her own personal development
3) The pursuit is having the environment where people are striving for greatness
4) You have to distribute the leadership to others who will “grab it”
5) Create an inspired work environment—change the results
6) The world is changing fast—you need to change first to win
Do you like iShade? We continue to grow this very useful and efficient community full of tools and resources for you! Refer friends here: